Planking a la Carte!

 My  First Planking  Experience
I was first told about PLANKING by an acquaintance of mine. I thought it was rather fascinating as my curiousity was peaked, he then told me to google it.

Which I did, and since then I haven't found peace. 

The thought of Planking burned a hole in my chest, every-where I looked seemed like a potential plank site. I thought of Planking on my man's gargantuan SUV(don't know why men drive such "tanks", are they going up a mountain inn it? Any-way, talk for another day...), he'll take the picture.. He's used to me and my shenanigans, and basically supports and accepts me just as I am(bless his dear heart). 

SO, every-day, the thought grew, till finally, I told him "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

I have to get this out of my system! Grrrr.

So I dragged him down the stairs of his home, positioned my-self and he took all the shots even encouraging me to hold positions while he took several more shots using his initiative (bless him). And as we drove out, he started suggesting sites I should try next time (bless him) be-cause he knew I still wanted to plank and I was DEFINITELY going to do so!

Some people say Planking makes no sense, as it is a rather ridiculous act bla bla bla. The thing is..... you either get it or you don't. You either like it or you don't. And the other thing is that it is not restricted to a particular demo-graphic. Every-one planks. Old, young, professionals, white black, male, female....

EVERY-ONE planks.

It is not some-thing that will grow on you.

It's usually love at first sight or repulsion.

Well, I guess you already know what category I fall in-to.

I have been grinning like a Chesire Cat all day, and the excitement at the successful completion of my Planking debut kept my brain pounding till the mid-late after--noon today, and I did this (in the picture above)in the morning.....

I can-not explain the joy derived, but it's one of the most exciting things I've done in a bit, and trust me, my life has been very exciting! I've even been advised to write a book on my life's journey...

Why do we plank, really...? I think the idea of it awakens the inner imp in-side all of us.... Perhaps it's for those with an adventurous streak....

Can't explain it, but, I know I'm going to do it again FOR SURE.  This time in a proper public place. Watch this space!

Perhaps, then, I can explain it, after thorough analysis.

But, till then let me revel in it, as the buzz has still not worn off....

Ok, this was where I ended this post initially. Till I planked again(31/7/2011) - This time on a Ducati 1200 in public, though by "public", I mean my mates.
My Ducati 1200 Planking

Might still do it in the full view of the general public.

Watch this space!

Comments

  1. Nice post.
    By the way, men drive SUVs, especially in Lagos, cos there is simply nothing else that can withstand the state of our roads. Imagine if you drove a Porsche or Ferrari on Sunday July 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nce planking! I have a more outrageous one in mind, sitting cross legged on a statue. Now I need a very overpopulated place and a statue. Just hope I don't get arrested, lol. Or carried to yaba.......
    I wonder how difficult it will be doing it with mouth gaping and allowing drool to dribble all over. I just have to make sure the location is not my usual Chicano hunting ground........

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Koko- I can't imaginne driving a Ferrari in Lagos (lol), though I can picture it in Abuja as the roads there are rather broad and well-paved...

    @Tele- That's the whole idea mate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poison A. Cooper

What "image " is GOD..?

Writings in the Sands of Time...